Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Friday, May 4, 2018

The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen

Interest Level: Young Adult
Reading Level (Reading Counts Level): 4.7
Lexile: 650HL
Genre: Realistic Fiction


Jessica and her track teammates get into a bus accident on the way home from a track meet. Jessica loses her leg below the knee. She urns to run again. The track team want to buy her a running prosthetic limb but her parents can hardly pay for her hospital bills.

I loved Van Draanen's book Flipped and I must say I liked this book as well. I will have to remember to add more of Van Draanen's novels to my must-read list.

No comments:

Post a Comment