Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk


Interest Level: 3-6Reading Level (Reading Counts Level): 4.6
Genre: Historical Fiction 


Lexile: 800L

I choose to read this book because it is a nominee for the 2019 Oregon Readers Choice Award. I simply loved it. I carried this book everywhere. I did not play games on my phone when I went to bed. I read instead. I highly recommend this book.

Set in 1943 in rural Pennsylvania, 11 year old Annabelle has a kind heart. Although World War II has everyone on the edge. Annabelle befriends Toby, a World War I vet, who others in her community think is dangerous. But Toby help Annabelle with the bully whose malice grows each day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment