Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Darkstalker: Wings of Fire: Legends #1 by Tui T. Sutherland

cover_image
Interest Level: 3-6
Reading Level: 5.6
Lexile: 750L
Genre: Fantasy

Alright, let me start by saying, 'I love dragons.' That being said, I was less than thrilled to read this book. First off it has 366 pages and I read very slowly. In the 9 days before starting this book, I had read 2 books. That has got to be a record for me. So, I was afraid of how long this book would take me to read. Then after the first 20 pages, I was already lost. Struggling to keep the characters and their tribes straight. Frustrated, I put it aside, started another book, and put the audio version of "Darkstalker" on hold. With a long vacation drive, I started to listen to the book and follow along with the paperback.

The dragons of Pyrrhia fight to be the ruler of all of Pyrrhia. Some dragons are magical. Darkstalker is a magical hybrid of the nightwings and the icewings. Some dragons believe that every time a dragon uses their magical it kills a bit of their soul. Darkstalker will change the kingdom forever. This book is a prequel to the "Wings of Fire" series.

No comments:

Post a Comment