Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Monday, March 30, 2015

No Parking At The End Times by Bryan Bliss

Interest Level: 8th grade and up
Reading Level: not rated
Lexile: not rated
Genre: realistic fiction

Currently on pg.124, chapter 9

Abigail and her family are living in their van. Her parents have sold all their worldly possessions and have driven across the United States to join a cult. I chose to read this book because I thought homelessness should be a topic that is represented in the LRMS library collection. I wanted to make sure that this particular book was not too heavy and was appropriate for the middle school level. I believe the idea that the family is homeless due to the parents' desire to join a cult keeps this book firmly in the fiction realm. I think that if the author had the family lose their assets due to gambling or poor investments it would be more realistic.

The author has made the characters interesting and endearing. I care what happens to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment