Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Tales and Stories by Hans Christian Andersen

Interest Level: 5th grade to adult
Reading Level: 5.5 grade
Lexile: 860
Genre: Fantasy

Currently on The Little Mermaid

My eldest daughter took a college class on the works of Hans Christian Andersen. This was her textbook. So far, I have read The Tinderbox, The Princess on the Pea, and The Traveling Companion. Of those three tales, I liked The Traveling Companion best. I found The Tinderbox too dark for my taste and The Princess on the Pea disappointing. However, The Traveling Companion has a happily ever after ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment