Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Monday, December 7, 2015

Blister by Susan Richards Shreve

Interest Level: 3-7 grade
Reading Level: 5.9 grade
Lexile: NR
Genre: Realistic Fiction

Finished the book


I have mixed feelings regarding this book. I can understand the challenges that Jack Reed faces. Although, I do not agree with the way he dealt with those challenges. The main character Alyssa/Blister is dealing with a lot of stuff, only some that I have personally experienced. This book reminded me that people dealing with crises do what they can to get through the day. There is a saying, "Don't judge me until you walk a mile in my shoes or live a day in my life." I would recommend this book for 6th graders and older. I would also say that 4th and 5th graders may find it helpful if they are dealing with some of the issues Blister is: death of a sibling, a parent with depression, moving, and parents separating.

No comments:

Post a Comment