Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Monday, January 25, 2016

The Hired Girl by Laura Amy Schlitz

Interest Level: 7th grade to Young Adult
Reading Level: 5.3 grade
Lexile: 810
Genre: Historical Fiction/Non-fiction Journal

Currently on pg. 119; Monday, July the tenth, 1911; Part Three 

This book was given to me by a colleague for consideration for the library's collection. I started reading it but put it to the side when my hold on the companion book to Salvage by Alexandra Duncan came in at the public library. I got to page 30 of Sound, the companion book,  and then returned to reading The Hired Girl. The Hired Girl is amazing! Historical fiction is right up my alley. It reaches the high honor of 'a book that I carry everywhere with the hopes that I will get a minute or two to read it'. I love that the story is inspired by Schlitz's grandmother's journal. I so badly want Joan/Janet to find happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment