Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Possibility of Now by Kim Culbertson

Finished the book

On page 282, Mara is people watching and she thinks, "It strikes me that each of these people has a single life, with dreams and defeats and joy and sorrow, and each has to go through the daily steps to get where they want to go. ... It's up to me to put what I want to be in the world and deal with the consequences. How people respond is out of my control. ... Now I have a choice I can either let the world turn me sour and hateful and afraid. Or I can be the Mara I want to be and face it with as much grace and humor as possible. Wherever I land, I'm the common denominator in my life."

I totally give this book 5 out of 5 stars. It spoke to me. I could totally relate to the characters. I love that Mara figured out so much of what was troubling her and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment