Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

A Night Divided by Jennifer A. Nielsen

Interest level: 3-6
Reading Level: 4.7
Lexile:810
Genre: Historical Fiction 

Currently on Chapter 4, pg.17

In 1981, I visited the Berlin Wall and walked through the Death Strip (the space between the wall on the East Berlin and East Germany sides and the wall on the West Berlin side). It was a very sobering experience, the East German soldiers following you with their guns. In addition to the Wall, the Death Strip, and East Berlin, my visit to the Dauchau Concentration Camp Memorial Site was life changing. Standing in the gas chambers, looking up at the shower heads, I realized that these innocent human beings had no idea that they were about to be exterminated.

Due to my personal experiences, I wanted to read this book. I hope that Nielsen will do right by the time period and those whose lives were forever changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment