Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Monday, January 6, 2020

Girlhearts by Norma Fox Mazer

Interest Level: 5-9
Reading Level: 3.6
Lexile: 600L
Genre: Realistic Fiction

Sarabeth's father died when she was young and now a heart attack has taken her mother's life. The sudden loses of her only family and the only home she's ever known leaves Sarabeth in a very bad place. Her mother's friends, Cynthia and Billy, take in Sarabeth to live with them and their baby in their tiny one-bedroom apartment. Before long, Sarabeth realizes she's intruding on their lives, but where can she go? 


When I decided to read this book, I did not realize that it was a sequel to "Silver". It stood well on its own. I cared enough about the character Sarabeth to read the first book but it is not in any of the public libraries. I could get it for a little over $5.00 from Amazon but I feel like it might be anti-climatic reading the first book now. I have decided to remove this book from the libraries collection because we do not have the first book and this book was not checked out since the library opened in September of 2009. Still I give it 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment