Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Lost and Found by Orson Scott Card

Interest Level: 7 to adult
Reading Level: NR
Lexile: NR
Genre: Fantasy

Ezekiel Blast has a superpower, or a micropower, if you will. He can find lost things. The problem is most people think he steals them. When the police ask for help finding a missing girl, though, he may have a chance to redeem himself, Ezekiel isn't sure he can do it.

I really, really, really, really, really like this book. I so wanted it to be something that I would add to the middle school library collection. Sadly I must report that I disagree with "Publishers' Weekly"'s September review in which they reported that the book was for ages 12 and up. The topic of kidnapping and the horrors that surround that heinous crime make this book unsuitable, in my opinion, for a middle school library collection. I myself anxiously await book #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment