Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Thursday, April 22, 2021

The Body in the Woods by April Henry

Interest Level: YA
Lexile: HL720L
Reading Level: 5.3
Genre: Realistic Fiction

While helping the Portland County Sheriff's Search and Rescue to seek a missing autistic man, teens Alexis, Nick, and Ruby find instead, a body and join forces to find the girl's murderer, forming an unlikely friendship, as well.

I recently learned that one of the differences between a mystery and a thriller is that in a thriller the bad guy is often established early on. I would call "The Body in the Woods" a thriller. Although, a student told me that I figured it out that the author did come out and tell the reader who the murder was. Either way, I found the story compelling. Even after I figured out who had done it, I wanted to read the book to the end. April Henry is a popular author with our middle school students. If you like real-life murder mysteries, I would recommend this book. One student did tell me that she had to stop reading it. It was too scary.


No comments:

Post a Comment