Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Saturday, July 31, 2021

Catching the Moon: The Story of a Young Girl's Baseball Dream by Crystal Hubbard

Interest Level: K-3
Genre: Historical Fiction
Reading Level: 4.3

A biography of African-American baseball player Marcenia Lyle, whose love of baseball as a child allowed her to break the gender barrier by becoming the first female member of the professional Negro Leagues.

I happened on to this book; and although I knew it was too young to buy for the middle school library, I had to pick it up and read it. I love baseball and I loved this book. Growing up with all brothers, all boy cousins and in an all boy neighborhood, I was routing for Marcenia. If you happen to see this book in a library or a bookstore, READ it. Or buy it for a young person that you know that loves baseball.


No comments:

Post a Comment