Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

I Can Make This Promise By Christine Day

Interest Level: 5-8
Genre: Realistic Fiction
Reading Level: 6.2

When twelve-year-old Edie finds letters and photographs in her attic that change everything she thought she knew about her Native American mother's adoption, she realizes she has a lot to learn about her family's history and her own identity.

I choose to read this book because it is a nominee for the 2022 Oregon Readers Choice Award. After reading all of the nominated books. This is my vote for the award. I loved the main character Edie. I cared about her journey to find out about her heritage. The plot kept moving. I was compelled to keep reading. I would definitely recommend this book to middle schoolers.


No comments:

Post a Comment