Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Monday, March 28, 2016

The Possibility of Now by Kim Culbertson

Interest Level: YA
Reading Level: 4.5
Lexile: 740
Genre: Realistic Fiction

Currently on pg. 22, chapter 3

After years of being an overachiever, Mara James has a breakdown during a calculus exam. A classmate records the incident and posts it online. It goes viral. Mara decides to leave her school and go live with her father in Tahoe to escape the embarrassment.

I understand Mara's drive for perfection. My own daughter has that same drive. I also can relate to Mara personally. Her struggle with everyone knowing her personal business and talking about her. It reminded me of when my father's private plane crashed and it was all over the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment