Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Monday, May 9, 2016

The Haven by Carol Lynch Williams


Interest Level: Young Adult
Currently on pg. 44

Reading Level: 3.6
Lexile: 430 HL
Genre: Dystopian Fiction


I originally decided to read this book for two reasons. The first reason was that the book was recommended for grades 8 and up; and I wanted to make sure it wasn't too mature for the middle school library's collection. The second reason was that it had a low lexile number. If it was any good, I could recommend it to the 8th grade language arts team for the dystopian lit circles. I won't be recommending it to the 8th grade language arts teachers. Now the question is will the book grab me before I totally give up on it. There needs to be a bit of excitement or intrigue soon

No comments:

Post a Comment