Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Friday, July 1, 2016

The Great Greene Heist by Varian Johnson

Finished by book
This is going to be a hard book to beat as my choice for the 2017 ORCA winner.  On page 62, Johnson drew me in with his chapter entitled The Kobayashi Maru. From that point on, I was hooked. I was carrying the book with me everywhere. I have the second book in the series, To Catch a Cheat, on hold at the library. I will make sure that I purchase not only the 2 copies of The Great Greene Heist due to the ORCA contest but a couple of copies of To Catch a Cheat as well. I highly recommend this book. The twists and turns and the style of writing make this book enjoyable for adults and middle school students. If you liked the television show White Collar or the movie The Sting, you will love this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment