Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Monday, October 10, 2016

Egg & Spoon by Gregory Maguire

Currently on pg. 193 and calling it quits

As much as I hate to admit it, I am calling it. Drop the mike. I am done. I have to say that I use to never 'not finish' a book, once I had started it. I usually power through and in the end am glad that I did. But now that I am responsible for buying books for a middle school library, I have discovered that I do not have that kind of time to dedicate to a book. And so, I am sorry to say that I will be leaving Elena and Cat in the woods outlining St. Petersburg, Russia. Perhaps I will revisit during winter break.

As I stated in my previous post, I did find the Prince and the Pauper story-line intriguing. However, once Elena got off the train and Cat found herself with Baba Yaga, I again lost interest. And so, I must bid Russia farewell. I am onto another tale. Let's hope this one is more enthralling.

No comments:

Post a Comment