Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

The Mark of the Dragonfly by Jaleigh Johnson

Interest Level: 5-8
Reading Level: 5.6
Lexile: 582L
Genre: Fantasy


This dystopian adventure has a steampunk and fantasy flair. Piper lives alone as a scapper in the Merrow Kingdom. Her father died in a factory in the Dragonfly territories. But the arrival of a mysterious girl sends 13 year old Piper and her new friend on a dangerous journey. 

I highly recommend this book. The plot has so many twists and turns. It keeps you on the edge of your seat. I am normally a slow reader but I finished this book in just over 2 weeks. I plan to read the next book in the series but have so many books that friends have given me as presents and they keep asking me if I have read them. This is why this book gets 4.5 stars instead of 5. If I simply had to read the next book, regardless of my friends, it would have gotten 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment