Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Friday, February 22, 2019

Vincent and Theo by Deborah Heiligman

Interest Level: Young Adult

Lexile: 900L
Genre: Autobiography


Reading Level: 6.4

This is the story of two brothers, Vincent and Theo Van Gogh. Theo, the younger brother, is Vincent's protector, provider, and friend. The two brothers are so close they are practically one. Throughout their struggles, the brothers shared everything, stories of lovers and friends, successes and disappointments, dreams and ambitions in the 658 plus letters Vincent wrote to Theo during his lifetime. A powerful tale of two great men and the trials they face. I do not usually read non-fiction, finding the style of writing slow and unimpressive. Perhaps, I knew enough about Vincent Van Gogh to keep me interested or maybe my love of history kept me involved. I do recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in history, art, or Vincent Van Gogh.

No comments:

Post a Comment