Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Friday, April 19, 2019

Be Frank With Me by Julia Claiborne Johnson

Interest Level: Adult
Reading Level: NR
Lexile: NR
Genre: Realistic Fiction


Mimi, a famous reclusive author and the mother of a very unique nine year old boy, loses her money in a Ponzi scheme and needs to write another novel quick. Alice, a editorial assistant, is assigned to help Mimi type pages and deliver coffee. Instead, she ends up becoming Mimi's son's, Frank, Nanny. Frank's "IQ is higher than 99.7% of the American public's." He dresses like he is a movie star from the 1930's. This boy who has nothing in common with his peers will simply capture your heart. 

Although I won't be purchasing it for the middle school library, I do recommend this book for high school students and adults. I enjoyed it so much that I am planning on asking for it back if and when I loan it to a friend. I hope to read it again some day; and I never reread books.

No comments:

Post a Comment