Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Thursday, April 4, 2019

The Program by Suzanne Young

Interest Level: 3-6
Reading Level: 5.5
Lexile: 810L
Genre: Realistic Fiction


This dystopian romance tells the tale of Sloan and James and their fight to stay together. Teenage suicide has become an epidemic. The Program is a treatment that claims to have found a cure. The problem is that along with the desire to end your life, you also lose any memory the program sees as harmful. 

I read this book during a time in switch someone close to me was struggling with suicide. Although it was probably not the best time to read it, I found myself drawn into the story. I will probably end up reading the next book in the trilogy. I recommend this book to high school students and older. I will not be purchasing this book for the middle school library.

No comments:

Post a Comment