Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Monday, June 8, 2015

Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan

Interest Level: 5th - 8th grade
Reading Level: 5.3 grade
Lexile: 770
Genre: Realistic Fiction

Currently on pg. 80, chapter 11

Willow Chance is a twelve year old genius who does not relate to other people well. I like Willow. She is a bit odd. She reminds me of a more severe version of my own daughter. At the beginning of the book, Willow's parents dying in a car crash. The book then takes you back to Willow's first day at Sequoia Middle School. With only 5% of the book read, I already care about Willow. I so badly want her to find a way to fit into society.

No comments:

Post a Comment