Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Counting by 7's by Holly Goldberg Sloan

Currently on pg. 201, chapter 34

In my previous post I said that Willow reminds me of my youngest daughter. On page 134 Willow observes Pattie (her friend's mother) talk with a women from a state children's agency,
The woman does all the talking, and Pattie doesn't respond.
She doesn't even say "uh-huh," or "I understand."
She is like me.
Silent.
I admire that in a person. The ability to keep your mouth shut is usually a sign of intelligence.

When Willow arrives at the Jamison Children's Center, she see that day's newspaper. There on the front page is an article about the car crash that killed both her parents complete with a picture of her Dad's wrecked truck. Another personal connection with the story. Something similar happened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment