Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger

Currently on pg. 221, Lesson (ch.) 14

I have now officially been introduced to the term "steampunk." Steampunk refers to a subgenre of science fiction and sometimes fantasy that incorporates technology and aesthetic designs inspired by 19th-century industrial steam-powered machinery. I am finding Etiquette & Espionage interesting but it has not grabbed me yet.


I like the characters of this story, They are interesting and I do care what happens to them. Sophronia is a tomboy in a time (the 1800's) when it was not acceptable. I like Vieve. She is also a tomboy. I can relate to the tomboy characters. Soap is a character that has great potential to grow. With a little under 100 pages left, we will see if Carriger convinces me to read the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment