Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass by Meg Medina

Finished the book

Most excellent book!! I can see why this book won the Cybils Award (Young Adult Bloggers' Literary Award) in 2013 and the Pura Belpré Award (for a Latino or Latina writer) in 2014. When Piddy says goodbye to Joey at the bus station and he tells her to run if she has to, I teared up. I like the ending which if you are a regular blogger reader you know is a happy one. I highly recommend this book but some of the content is a bit too mature for middle school. I will be donating this book to the high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment