Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko

Interest Level: 5-8
Lexile: 600L
Reading Level: 4.0
Genre: Historical Fiction

A twelve-year-old boy named Moose moves to Alcatraz Island in 1935 when guards' families were housed there, and has to contend with his extraordinary new environment in addition to life with his autistic sister.

I found it interesting that families and their children actually lived on Alcatraz Island from 1934 to 1963. I found this story interesting. I was interested in the characters. I cared what happened to them. I just didn't care enough to read the next book in the series. That is why I am giving this book 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment