Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine

Currently on page 61, chapter 13
Interest Level: 5-8th grades
Reading Level: 360L/3.9 grade

This is the last Oregon Readers Choice Award nominee that is in my To-Read stack of books. AND I think this will be the one I vote for. I love, love, LOVE historical fiction! This book is set in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1958. First, do NOT read the back of the book or the flyleaf on the dust-jacket. I am sorry I did. Still, I am staying up late reading. I am enthralled with this book. The main character, Marlee, reminds me of my youngest daughter. So, of course, I adore her. I am off to do my Spanish homework so that I can hang out in the hammock and read!!

No comments:

Post a Comment