Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Public Library by Robert Dawson

Currently on page 162

Trona, California is known for its isolation and desolation. In 2000, it had a population of 2,742. It is also the hometown of my very dear friend, Lauretta. The Trona Branch Library is pictured on page 87. Although I have been to Trona, I did not visit the library, It looks much like I expected it to. I have also added the Central Library in Philadelphia (p.82) and the Main Library in Salt Lake City (p.115, 123, & 133) to my must-see list. Also the exteriors of the Main Library in Deuth, Minnesota (p.110) and the Willard Library in Evansville, Indiana (p.120) would draw me inside. In chapter 4 "Urban and Rural Libraries", there are three moving written pieces entitled "The Northeast Nevada Regional Bookmobile" (p.96), "Practicing Seva" (p.104), and "Spreading Enlightenment" (p.106). I highly recommend this book if only to read these three stories. Twenty-one more pages to go. I knew I would end up reading this one cover to cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment