Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Hound Dog True by Linda Urban

Currently on pg. 30, chapter 7
Interest Level: 3-6 grade
Reading Level: 4.1 grade
Lexile: 710
Genre: realistic fiction

Linda Urban is also the author of A Crooked Kind of PerfectA Crooked Kind of Perfect has been a book that get consistently checked out from the LRMS library. It is also written to the 3-6 grade audience. I have not read A Crooked Kind of Perfect but have been told that it is pretty good.

I chose to read Hound Dog True because it sounded like it would be an interesting story. Also if I spent another $4.00 on my Scholastic Book order, I got some free bookmarks. I thought the LRMS students would like the bookmarks so I bought another book. They are Minecraft bookmarks.

The main character, Mattie is starting the 5th grade in two weeks. I think it said that this will be her fifth school. I was lucky enough to go to the same elementary school and same high school for all my education. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to always be the new kid.

This book is only 147 pages long. It should be a quick read. It is what I like to call a 'beach book'.

No comments:

Post a Comment