Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Runaway King by Jennifer Nielsen

Finished the book

I liked it! I will more than likely read The Shadow Throne, the third and final book, at some time. This series is called the Ascendance Trilogy. At the end of this book, Kerwyn calls Jaron 'the Ascendant King of Carthya.' I have to admit. I had to look up the word 'ascendant'. It means a position of dominance or controlling influence; possession of power, superiority, or preeminence. It fits. I liked the ending. I would give this book 3 1/2 out of 5 stars. I think middle school students will really like it and will rate it much higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment