Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Crucial Conversations by Patterson, Grenny, McMillan, & Switzler

Interest Level: adult
Reading Level: not rated
Lexile: not rated
Genre: Non-fiction

Finished the book

Over this past school year, our staff has been reading "Crucial Conversations." I bought the book back in 2012 when the principal recommended it. I treated it as a reference book but did not read it cover to cover until now. We meet as a staff and break up into small groups of about 4 to discuss a chapter or two at a time. In May we will meet to finish up the book and the discussion. I found this book helpful. I think the authors have a lot of great concepts and ideas on how to have a healthy and productive conversation. I especially appreciated the how-to's when conversations get violent or stagnant. The book explores not only conversations in the business world but in one's personal life as well. I recommend this book to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment