Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

One Came Home by Amy Timberlake

Finished the book

Alright my prediction was not correct. Still I think Timberlake wrote a good ending for the story. I thought a lot of my brother-in-law, Dave, during this book. Not that he is an untrustworthy pigeoner (because he is an amazing guy and SO trustworthy) but that I thought he could have spoke to the authenticity to some of the behaviors of the birds.
I give this book 3 1/2 stars. I would have given it 4 stars but the book did not appeal to me personally. I think readers that like Gary Paulsen and Will Hobbs will love this book. SPOILER ALERT - I did appreciate that the author tied up all of the characters' story-lines. I HATE cliffhangers. I have requested Timberlake's book That Girl Lucy Moon from the public library. I liked her writing.

Now onto the last Oregon Readers Choice Award nominee. So far, Counting by 7's is still my leading candidate for my vote for the 2016 ORCA award in the intermediate category.

No comments:

Post a Comment