Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Storybound by Marissa Burt

Currently on pg.178, chapter 14

I have decided that since this book is an ORCA nominee that I need to put myself in a better frame of mind, just put my head down and read. But I do need to read more than 10 pages a day or it will take me a month to finish the book. It has been said that there are only a certain number of plots in all of literature. Well, that may be true but it is hard not to draw parallels between this book and others. For example, SPOILER ALERT! Una's roommate, Snow, goes 'home' on the weekend to her cousin's, the Wortons. She sleeps in the attic. This reminded me of Harry Potter, the Dursleys, and his room under the stairs. That same weekend Una goes home with Peter to his house, Bramble Cottage. Una is in awe of Peter's home and cannot stop wondering what it would have been like to grow up in place like Bramble Cottage. Does this bring another set of characters to mind? Upon arriving at The Burrow, Ron Weasley says, "It's not much but it's home." To which Harry response, "I think it's brilliant." Also Peter's parents hold a secret meeting in the middle of the night. The Order of the Phoenix?

No comments:

Post a Comment