Text For Email Subscribers

For notification on blog updates, please enter your email address in the field above. Then confirm your subscription with an email from Feedburner.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Thursday, May 15, 2014 Storybound by Marissa Burt

Currently on p. 80, chapter 7
Interest Level: 3-6th grade
Reading Level: 670L/4.7 - 6th grade

I started this book before the last book in The Selection series (The One) came out. I got to page 51 and then set it aside to read The One. In all honesty if this book wasn't an ORCA 2015 book nominee, I wouldn't pick it back up. At this point, this book seems to be a rip-off of Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. In my opinion, the fairy tale genre is a hard one to excel in. There are fairy tale base novels that I like; The Sisters Grimm, A Tale Dark and Grimm, The Goose Girl, and more. And I love the television shows Once Upon a Time and Grimm. So, I will continue to read Storybound and work toward getting the two questions I need for the ORCA quiz (coming in September to the LRMS media website). In the meantime, the nights of reading late into the wee hours of the morning (with The One) are over. I am back to falling to sleep while reading.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete